LIV Unified Comms provides IT & Communication solutions to small, medium and large enterprises in both the private and public sectors. Designed for open connectivity, high availability and flexible growth, our innovative solutions incorporate the latest voice, data and video technologies and enable real-time, collaborative working, increased productivity and customer satisfaction. With our extensive installations experience and highly trained team of engineers we transform the way businesses communicate, collaborate, fulfilling their business communications needs in an efficient and reliable way. Our servers, storage solutions, software and virtualized workstations enable businesses to maximize operational efficiency, performance and profitability
For more information, please visit: www.livuc.co.uk
We are seeking a talented technical support professional to strengthen our tech Support organization. As a Technical Support Engineer you will work as part of a Team supporting our engineering team and end-customers by providing technical support on a wide range of IT, Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions, both premises-based and in the Cloud. In this role, exceptional customer service and communication skills in English are just as important as analytical troubleshooting ability and solid ICT skills. LIV will provide you the required training on our products, solutions and technologies, enabling you to grow and develop the specialist knowledge required to help our customers according to the highest standards for which LIV is known. This vacancy will be based at our office in Bury, Lancashire UK, although you will be required to travel to customer sites across the UK from time to time.
- Technical Support: Provide technical assistance to LIV engineers and customers. Analyses and troubleshoots problems remotely or on site, or if necessary investigating on own test equipment, or by investigation of customer’s systems and wider customer IT hosting environment. Identifies potential repeat calls and creates knowledgebase cases accordingly.
- Service Level Achievement: High productivity, achieving results that meet customer requirements and SLA targets. Monitors and reports progress of against SLA commitments. Sets priorities and executes accordingly.
- Escalation case management: Ensures rapid progress and resolution of critical incidents with high business impact, keeping all stakeholders informed on a frequent basis. Remains calm and productive under pressure.
- Customer Interaction: Demonstrates excellent customer-care and communication skills ensuring customers and partners are satisfied with interactions and results.
- Installation & configuration: Performs installation and configuration activities of LIV solutions or by remote or on-site support of customer premises systems.
- Technical Capability: Maintains up-to-date broad knowledge of the general IT landscape and in-depth specialist expertise in assigned solutions, products and technologies.
- You must be a team player, always ready and willing to make your personal contribution, doing whatever is necessary to achieve our team and business objectives
- Passion for Technology and commitment to ongoing professional development
- Willing and able to travel if required. Able to function independently and effectively in the customer environment and to successfully complete installation and troubleshooting assignments.
- Willing and able to work out of office hours and to provide stand-by support when required.
- Ability to deliver technical training to internal and external clients (desired).
Skills & Experience
- Relevant work experience in a similar role and environment within the field of Unified Communications, Collaboration and WiFi / Networking
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT, Computer Science or other relevant technical discipline
- Thorough all-round knowledge and experience of deployment and support of converged voice & data technology in IP networking environment including:
- VoIP technology, SIP protocol
- TCP-IP, Routers, Switches, Gateways, VPN,
- Network and SIP security – firewalls SBC’s
- Able to install and configure Client, Server and Mobile device technology and OS’s
- Good knowledge of M365, MS Exchange and Active Directory
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Highly developed troubleshooting approach and skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Knowledge and experience of NEC SV8100/SV9100, SL series and associated Applications
- Knowledge of legacy PBX and voice communications technology and protocols
- WiFi installation / Maintenance (Ubiquiti and Meraki)
- CCTV Hikvision
- Audio Visual experience – Crestron/Control4/Mersive
- IP Networking devices (LAN/WAN), design, configuration and operation
- Hands-on knowledge and experience of Server Virtualization technologies